A few details…
- I grew up in Upstate New York – in Palmyra AND Macedon to be specific.
- I lived for three years in (then) West Germany and attended a DoD school in Boeblingen for the 4th, 5th, and 6th grade.
- I graduated from Duke University in 1988 with a degree in electrical engineering. I was the recipient of a Navy ROTC scholarship. I met my spouse there.
- I served on active duty in the US Navy from 1988 to 1993, completing the Navy’s nuclear propulsion training program and serving onboard the USS Pasadena (SSN-752). I deployed once to the Western Pacific.
- I worked in telecom for several years after the Navy – first with MCI (the long distance phone company) and then with Teligent – a fixed wireless broadband “startup.”
- I hold an MBA from the University of North Carolina.
- Since 1996 I’ve lived in a Northern Virginia suburb of Washington DC, where we’ve raised two sons.